One of the popular place in Bangkok is Chatuchak weekend market, it’s a big shopping street market with a lot of different things to buy. Chatuchak weekend market is big compare to Bugis Street in Singapore and the prices is cheaper. This is the best place to visit for tourist and traveler who love to shop till they drop, market is open at the weekends, Saturday and Sunday from 7am until late. It is also open during Wednesdays and Thursdays from 7AM to 6PM but not all store and shop are open.
Reminders before visiting:
- During hot season month in Bangkok it’s better to visit at early as possible, weekend market open at 7AM. Afternoon is more crowded and very hot.
- Wear your comfortable clothes and shoes for a long walk.
- Bring enough cash for you to shop, weekend market is cash payment basis only vendor don’t accept credit card.
- Watch your belongings its’ better to bring backpack but wear it on the front rather than on your back. Beware of pickpockets.
How to get there:
- The easier transportation to get there is to take skytrain at the end of the terminal called Morchit, which exactly where the market is located.
- Walk to entrance of Chatuchak Weekend Market.
Things to do in Chatuchak weekend market:
- Buy and bargaining different things.
- Eat and try some local and street foods.
What can you buy in Chatuchak Weekend Market?
A lot of choices and the prices are too amazing cheap and worth to buy. I love clothes the starting price of a beautiful dress is 80 to 100 baht and you can still bargaining the prize.Finally bought two pairs of skirt it only cost 50 baht each, I love it nice and fashionable. Chatuchak basically is shopper’s paradise and a must for anyone in Bangkok who has shopping on their agenda.Chatuchak weekend market definitely ruin your budget because of tempting prices.
- Handicrafts Ceramics & Accessories
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Food and Beverage
- Miscellaneous and Used Clothing
- Furniture and Home Decoration
- Chatuchak is bargain market there’s no harm on trying for a better prize.
- Give your friendly smile when asking for discount.
Incase you forget about me.